Are you living in Spain and preparing for a holiday? Plug&Play helps you manage the administrative part before you leave!

The European Health Card (or TSE for Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea) is the document that allows you to receive health benefits when you travel in Europe for work, study or tourism purposes. This can be obtained by submitting the following papers to the INSS (Instituto Nacional de la Seguridad Social):

  • Original NIE
  • Original passport (depending on the counter)
  • In the case of a minor, NIE of both parents or that of the principal holder who provides social security coverage for his or her children
  • If your NIE has an address other than the one where you are going to have your card sent, or if you have moved, you will need to bring the updated padrón with you

The card is ready within 10 days maximum: it is therefore necessary to plan to make the card one to two weeks before your departure!

It is valid for 2 years. It will be accepted by your doctor and in European hospitals in the countries listed below:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.

Have a good holiday! Have a good trip! Good health! Hopefully you won’t have to use it?

If you don’t have time or you want to be helped, Barcelona Plug&Play will be happy to get it for you :